Criteria for Review
- Qualifications of applicant (must be an OSG member planning to attend the annual meeting)
- Preference may be given to applicants who are students, recent graduates (up to five years post-graduation) and members who are presenting at the Annual Meeting
- Merit of applicant for appropriateness to attend the meeting and to furthering the applicant’s professional development and contribution to the field
- Preference may be given to applicants who are not and have not received funding within the past three years
- Budget information: financial need and lack of other sources of financial support will be considered
- Completeness of application, including three letters of support
The process of applying is managed entirely through an online system.
You will be prompted to login to the system using a login ID and password. If you already have an account with AIC/FAIC (this should be the case if you are an AIC member or have participated in an AIC/FAIC program), use the same login information you use to access that account. If you do not have an account in the system, you can quickly set one up before you begin your application.
The online form will take you through the four sections of the application:
- Applicant information (name and contact information, resume/CV, etc.)
- A short statement addressing applicant's professional goals for attending the meeting.
- Applicants should discuss how they will help disseminate the information they learn from the attending the meeting and/or agree to submit a report on at least one OSG talk for the AIC blog.
- Reference information (name and email of reference). You should complete this step as early as possible to provide your references with time to write and submit a letter of support. Make sure to click “SEND REQUEST NOW” to generate an automated email to be sent to your references with instructions on submitting their letter of support.
- Budget information (total cost for attending the AIC Annual meeting and any funding that has been obtained from external sources).
You can save and return to your application later to complete it. When you are satisfied with your responses, “save and finalize” to submit your application. Once the application has been submitted, you cannot return to edit the form.
The deadlines for receipt of all materials is December 15, 2016. Applications will be reviewed and a recommendation will be made to the OSG board for final approval. Notification of awards will be made six to eight weeks after the deadline.
Three letters of support must be submitted electronically; at least two from Professional Associates or Fellows of AIC. References will upload letters directly to the application portal. Applicants should enter the names and email addresses of their references as soon as possible during the application process. Once the applicant submits the reference information, references will receive an email with instructions on how to upload their letter of support. References can use FAIC’s Letter of Support Form or submit letters of support in other formats if the author’s signature is included. Regardless of the format, letters uploaded to the system will not be accessible to the applicant.
Please submit any supporting materials as a PDF (portable document format) if possible.
Apply for Funding
Use the link below to access the application form via FAIC's online portal:
A final written report of two pages or equivalent AIC blog post consisting of at least two images is due within 60 days of the Annual Meeting. Final reports will be submitted by grant recipients through the online portal which they initially applied for funding. Final reports are required to be eligible for future funding. Reports may be published in part or in full by FAIC, including posting on the FAIC website.
If you experience any difficulties please contact:
Sarah Saetren, FAIC Education Associate