The first paper since 2009 has been published! You may preview the first few pages of Christine Storti’s 2014 paper Improving the legibility of faded handwriting on furniture by digital modification of infrared, ultraviolet, and polarized-light-filtered photography. The entire article can be found on the AIC member community, Memberfuse.
Once complete, a final book of Postprints will be compiled for each year. The books will be available for free to WAG members in the AIC store, or for purchase to the public.
2014 WAG Postprints
Forthcoming - Table of Contents
- IMPROVING THE LEGIBILITY OF FADED HANDWRITING ON FURNITURE BY DIGITAL MODIFICATION OF INFRARED, ULTRAVIOLET, AND POLARIZED-LIGHT-FILTERED PHOTOGRAPHY (Sample)
- ROCCOCO DRAMA: DRY ICE CLEANING THE ORMOLU MOUNTS OF THE AUGUSTUS REX WRITING CABINET
- REVIEW AND INTERPRETATION OF X-RAY RADIOGRAPHS OF CONSTRUCTION DETAILS OF AMERICAN SEATING FURNITURE
- CONSERVING LACQUER AND PAPIER-MÂCHÉ OF “THE CATTAILS” (A ROYAL SLEIGH AT VERSAILLES, CIRCA 1740)
- WHAT LAY BENEATH – REVEALING THE ORIGINAL EXUBERANT PAINTED DECORATION OF AN 18TH CENTURY PAINTED PENNSYLVANIA GERMAN SCHRANK
Scott Nollis and Kathy Gillis
- WE CAN FIX IT BUT SHOULD WE? TAKE 2: CONTEMPORARY ART COMES KNOCKING
Tad D. Fallon