Where to Stay
Book your room at the Hyatt Regency Chicago for AIC's 45th Annual Meeting. This year, all sessions (except for tours and a few workshops) will be held at this host hotel. Conveniently located on Wacker Drive within easy walking distance of downtown and Magnificent Mile sights, the Hyatt Regency Chicago is a perfect meeting location.
The nightly rate at the Hyatt Regency Chicago is $165.00 USD (not including tax
). Don't miss out on this low rate reserved just for AIC conference attendees! To receive this rate, you must book through the link below:
Update as of March 30, 2017:
Please be aware that some attendees are receiving fraudulent calls regarding their hotel bookings. We have received reports of attendees receiving calls that claim they will "book the same hotel rooms with a discount." AIC does not call attendees regarding their hotel reservations. As rooms are in such high demand, attempted scam activity is only likely to increase.
If you are contacted by anyone asking for your reservation information or if anyone asks for your confirmation number, please let us know right away. If you are unsure if you're speaking with an AIC staff member, please don't hesitate to hang up and call AIC directly at 202-452-9545!
Update as of March 20, 2017:
Currently there is availability at the Hyatt Regency Chicago at the special AIC negotiated rate of $165 for the nights of May 25 – 31.
Rooms on June 1 at the AIC rate are sold out. To make sure that you receive the $165 AIC rate for the nights of May 25 – 31 please follow the steps below:
• Reserve from your preferred check-in date to checking out on June 1. These rooms should show the $165 rate.
• Email – email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist for the night of June 1. Should a room become available at the $165 rate, that night will be added to your reservation and you will be noticed.
• There are a limited number of rooms available for June 1 at the Hyatt at the rate of $359. If you would be willing to pay this rate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add that night for you. You can still go on the waitlist for the $165 rate.
• The conference ends at 4:30 pm on June 1. With the amazing number of flights in and out of Chicago in most cases one should be able to stay until the end of the conference and still check out on June 1.
Due to a large city-wide meeting taking place right after the AIC Annual Meeting, hotel rooms for the nights of June 1 - 4 are in very short supply in the city and therefore very expensive.
• Given the city-wide meeting, reserving a room at an airport hotel might be your best option if we are unable to move you off the waitlist. You may want to try the Hyatt Regency O’Hare. I might suggest booking a refundable room at an airport hotel as a backup.
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60601
Tel: +1 312 565 1234
Taxi is recommended if you have more than one bag.
- Directions From O'Hare International Airport:
Take Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) East to Ohio St exit. Proceed on Ohio to State St and turn right. Turn left at Wacker Drive. The hotel will be approximately 2 blocks on the right.
- Directions From Midway Airport:
Take Cicero Ave North to Stevenson Expressway (I-55) North. Exit at Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) West. Exit at Washington St and proceed East to Michigan Ave. Turn left. Proceed North to Wacker Drive. Turn right. The hotel is one block on right.
- Public Transit:
From O'Hare International Airport: Train Pick-up below baggage claim area (follow signs to C.T.A.). Take "L-Train" to Clark/Lake stop (approx. 7 blocks from hotel). Walk East on Lake to Stetson St, turn left Stetson St and walk 1 block to the hotel. Guests can take a cab or walk from Clark/Lake stop.
From Midway Airport: From the airport take the Orange Line to the State and Lake Street stop. Walk 1 block north to Wacker. Take a right on Wacker and the hotel is approximately 3 blocks.
Watch Out for Pirates and Scammers!
AIC never works with any third-party hotel providers, so anyone claiming to represent AIC or the Annual Meeting who is not on staff at AIC is not legitimate. AIC has NO affiliation with any travel groups. AIC does not have any special hotel blocks or rates for speakers or any other group. If you are contacted by any kind of "housing"/"convention" group or if anyone asks for your confirmation number, please let us know right away. Anyone attempting to run a scam on you will also have access to the website and may attempt to use our names. If you are unsure if you're speaking with an AIC staff member, please don't hesitate to hang up and call AIC directly using the number on the staff page! We won't be offended -- we want to safeguard your information as much as you do.